Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Accessory Discussions with k20


One of my favorite parts of being an accessories intern is getting to play with and try on jewelry. My love for jewelry started early on when my god-father bought me my first 14k gold bracelet when I was in kindergarden. Since then I've had an assortment of jewelry such as necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets. I'm lucky that in my past internship experiences I've gotten to be both an accessories and jewelry intern at the same time. Below you'll find a short interview I did with jewelry designer Karen of k2o by Karen Ko.

Me: Hi Karen thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions I had about your jewelry collection. So tell me a little about your brand/ collection, inspiration, textures etc. 


Karen: My fashion forward jewelry brand, k2o by Karen Ko is inspired by art deco/ geometric shapes with a dash of glamour and edge. k2o by Karen Ko consists of three lines Glam, Rock, and Pop where each piece meticulously handcrafted into eye-catching statements using Swarovski crystallized elements, resin spikes, casted metal and delicate chains.


Me: So Karen give me and our readers a little more in depth feel about your three lines, break it down for us.


Karen: Well Victor this fall season our inspiration is as follows for each line:

k2o GLAM:  a continuation of our core style: art deco shapes but with a 1920s twist.
k2o Rock: a more feminine take on the punk rock trend with a focus on spider webs, nets and delicate spikes.
k2o Pop: our modern geometric woven designs come in this season's hottest colors: emerald green, denim blue, ruby red, pale lilac, and bright orange.

Me: Oh Karen I'm in love with your rings! Do you mind if I show my readers some of my favorite pieces?


Karen: Victor feel free, I hope they love them as much as you do! Xx

The Helix ring set is amazing and only $60. This is a definite buy and will serve a great purpose for my fall accessory look.



Hand Bracelets are the accessory statement of the moment! Featuring intricate chain details and delicate gold chains, our Thread Hand Bracelets can be worn on it's own or stacked with your favorite bracelets and rings.

 The petite crystal ball comes this fall's top 5 color trends to keep you fashionably stylish.  Each ring features sparkly Swarovski crystals handwoven onto a sterling silver 'X' ring.



I hope you all enjoyed my interview with Karen of k2o. If you like what you've seen so far go ahead and head over to her site and shop till you drop. 

Xx

Accessory Intern

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I sat on the train today and listened you and your friend speak, it was nothing less than inspiring. To see you two working at such prominent magazine companies at such a young age is proof, that all you need is hard work and dedication. I commend you both.

    See, the thing is, I already knew who you were. I've been following you on Instagram and twitter for about a year now. So you can only imagine the, "Wow that's the boy from Instagram" moment I had in my head when I saw you. You serve as inspirations to many, such as myself, that hope to one day enter the magazine industry.

    I wish you both nothing but the best as you continue to pursue your individual careers. I am confident that you will succeed in all your future endeavors.

    Best,
    Kia Imani Robinson

    ReplyDelete